Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Funny Love

I can share with you many stories about how loved and wanted he made me feel. He was funny and caring and he played his guitar for me all the time. I had no choice but to fall in love with him. At least, I think I did. He had made me go beyond cloud nine. It was almost heaven for me.

There are many things about him I will remember forever because he made me feel things I didn't know I was capable of feeling and he made me laugh like no one ever cared to. I would like to share one of the most embarrassing, funny, romantic stories I experienced with him. This happened while we were still dating.We had a date and because it was a full moon, we decided it to make it different, more romantic. We made plans to give each other something special. I wrote a poem for him and he found a song to sing for me. Well, the song never made it into the picture.

We were parked in a dark and isolated area. The only light we had was that of the full moon. We sat in the car kissing and undressing each other. Guilt began creeping up on me. We were not married and I knew this was not good and I was hoping that I could control the situation. I didn't have to though, God had plans of His own.In order to take some heat off, I came up with a brilliant idea. Let's get out of the car and allow the romance brought to the night by the inspiration of the full moon to shower our naked bodies. Let's moon bathe.

He was in for that, so we got out. We leaned on the car, holding hands and admiring the beauty in God's handy work. We spoke about our love and about our happiness and any other love topics I could come up with to avoid going back inside the car. I didn't want to hurt his feelings but the guilt and knowing how wrong it was to do this, was almost causing me to cry. Finally, I shut up and agreed that it was time to get back in the car. Like I said, God needs no help from us. He pulled my door and it was locked. He laughed and went around to his door, he pulled and it too was locked.

He looked at me and his faced told the story. I sure didn't have to worry about his excitement anymore. There was no longer a sexual sin threat over our heads. We had a bigger fish to fry.I remember him stammering while trying to tell me that we were locked out. I pulled my door and it was still locked. I walked to his door and on my way there I was pleading and asking God for a miracle. Yeah right, like I deserved any mercy. Guess what? Wrong. It was still locked. I remember trying to put my faith to use.

For a couple times I tried opening the door in the name of Jesus but Jesus was not messing with this one. How hypocritical we are sometimes. Knowing that we are wrong, we still continue to get in trouble and then expect God to rescue us.Well, he realized that no miracle was about to happen that night. Now he wanted to break my glass window and I was about to knock him out. How would I explain a broken window to my mom? I was thirty years old, married and divorced once but to my Mom it was like I was still her little virgin. I couldn't tell her about this.

We were not too far from where he lived so we searched the trunk of the car which we had left open and found an apron. He tied it around his waist and decided to run to his apartment. His butt was showing and he was ashamed of having to run home in such a fashion statement. He said he was praying all the way there that no one who knew him would see him. He had to pass by a bar and restaurant where people used to sit outside and hang out. A guy called out to him and he played like he was crazy answering in gibberish. He ran faster than before until he got home.

Meanwhile, I decided to hide in the bushes because other cars would sometimes come in the area and I was completely naked. I was stooping down in the bushes praying that no insect or centipede would bite me. Every time a piece of grass touched my skin, I jumped and squealed shaking myself off. It was a really funny picture if you can imagine it.

Finally, he showed up in his car where he kept a spare key to my car. I got dressed and went straight home. That was it for me. I learned my lesson on that one; no more moon bathing. Okay, the real lesson is not giving in to the flesh (sin), not even in the name of love or because of the people we love. Our faithfulness should always be first, to God.

2 comments:

Michael and Diana said...

Your honesty in telling the situation is refreshing. And I like the fact that you saw God's hand working through it all, helping you realize the lesson to be learned about being faithful to God only, and foresaking the flesh. Seems like this won't be an easy lesson to forget with such a memorable occasion associated with it!

Anonymous said...

These are well-written honest stories and I like the way you relate the experiences to your relationship to God. There is a lesson for each of us here. Thank you for sharing your pain and your humor and writing "Exposed, living behind a mask."