Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Getting Published

3 words describe most of the events in my life; intriguing, interesting, and incredible. Some of my stories will keep you guessing, others will amaze and encourage you and many will make you wonder if such things can even happen to anyone.

It took me 7 years to complete this book. Having to face the reality of who I was caused me to go from depression to depression but the healing I’ve experienced has brought me great peace and now I can truly be of service to those who now need to face their truths.

As a victim of abuse, unworthiness and despair made me hide behind split personalities. As an abuser, guilt caused me to hide behind the pain of my own tragedy, and as a Christian, the guilt of my sins pushed me to hide behind my position in the church and my sermons. Then God called me to write this book and now, I hide no more.

The miraculous hand of God saved me from misery, insanity, condemnation and from a life of sin which was leading me to hell. God took me and loved me just the way I was. He cleansed me, washed my wounds, and renewed my shattered heart. God opened my eyes to a new reality; my past does not dictate my future, I make the choice of living under constant torture or living in the fullness of who He is. I chose to live for God.

My story is a declaration of truths about pain and healing, about falling and rising and about the process that led me to victory. It is about not hiding behind excuses and bad situation to continue down the road of perdition. It is about accepting who you are, surrendering to God and allowing Him to transform you into who He created you to be.

I finished my story but I was told by other writers and some professionals in the publishing world, that autobiographies are extremely hard to sell unless you are a famous person. They suggested for me to do some promotional work of the book by setting up a blog with some of the stories in my book and have people read and comment on them.

So I’ve set up this blog. If you find the stories to be of interest and helpful to others, leave your comments. If you would like to read more, then mention that you would like the book.

I also would appreciate your kindness in forwarding this email to as many people as you can.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I love all of your stories so I hope you get published soon. Can you post more of your stories. I can't wait for the book!

You are a brave woman.

Kay

Michael and Diana said...

I enjoy reading your stories and being able to glean from the truths that you've discovered with God along the way. I would like a copy of your book. Your stories are inspiring in that you show that no matter how sinful a person might be, how lost or how hurt, God can use it to His glory and make that person a totally new creation. And you are walking evidence of that, praise God.